Friday, March 5, 2010

So I'm here

Enjoying the weather, landed here at...I forgot. It was 5 p.m. here in Granada when I got here, so..do the math.

One of the first things I saw after the airport sign, was a warning sign on a crosswalk near the runway that said "YOU ARE NOT A PRIORITY"

How nice of them.

Anyhow, I'm apparently experiencing the first good weather this region's had in nearly 2 months, and that in those two months it had been alternating between heavy cold and rain.

My shoulders are sore from lugging around that big ol' backpack of mine. I think I smacked a couple of people senseless on the way into my seat.

About the city, it's my first day here, and damn.

No fatties.

Granted the student population of about 84,000 has a lot to do with it, but still.

Goddamn. I saw like one fatty and he was only a dozen pounds heavier than I am.

And the city of Granada has a plaza called "El Botellodromo" [loose translation would be the Bottledome] where starting every Thursday, everyone gathers there to drink publically. On a normal weekend, it's about four or five thousand people just there, chilling and drinking under authorization from the government.

Wonder how an idea like that would fare in the United States [outside of Spring Break]



A view from my window:


View from my room


Desde Granda hacia el mundo,

Eagleheart

No comments:

Post a Comment